Wednesday, October 12, 2016

A Baby Shower for Sara

Surprise, Sara!!

I'm joining a wonderful group of online friends today to celebrate the birth of a sweet little baby. The talented Sara of Made by Sara has given birth to an adorable baby boy, and I can't be more excited for her!

I first "met" Sara through Instagram, where she was always very kind and supportive about my less-than-stellar early attempts at sewing. I was new to sewing, new to Instagram, new to the whole online PDF sewing world. She always had a nice word to say and was incredibly encouraging. So when Victoria invited me on the tour, I was so happy!


So the question was what to make with the limited time I had. One of the things I used often with both my girls was a bib. They were both such droolers! So I went to my stash knowing that I wanted to use gauze. Most of my fabrics were pretty girly. Don't get me wrong -- there isn't anything wrong with using pink for a boy, but I wanted a bit of a change from sewing with pink (I know. Shocker). Luckily I still had some of this precious nani IRO left over from when I made the Tip Top Dress. Until now, I couldn't bear to cut into it again, but I know how much Sara loves nani IRO, so I didn't hesitate. I used that for the front side, and some polka dot knit that you might recognize for the back.


My older daughter's favorite color is blue, so of course she took one look at the bib and said it was "super cute." Even my pink-loving daughter approved. Well, that was good enough for me. I hope that Sara and her baby feel the same. :) 

And just because Mama deserves a little something special for herself, I'm sending these books your way, Sara! Just some light reading to keep you entertained during those long nights ;) 


Congratulations, Sara, on the birth of your sweet baby. May you enjoy all the cuddles and coos and hugs and kisses! And thank you, Victoria, for arranging this virtual baby shower!

I encourage you to visit the other ladies celebrating the birth of Sara's little one to see what beautiful things they made:

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how sweet of you! πŸ‘ΆπŸ» will get the nicest bib in the whole universe πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most beautiful bib in the world! I love Nani Iro!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik